Understanding, responding and preventing the spread of communicable diseases is a core component of public health efforts. The Communicable Diseases Task Force examines the trends and patterns of infections impacting individuals and communities while also monitoring the horizon for potential threats that may be prevented with appropriate actions in advance of actual cases in the Lancaster community.
- Increase awareness of Influenza and steps individuals, employers and communities may take to reduce the impact of the disease in Lancaster County.
- Increase the percentage of Lancaster County residents eligible for the flu vaccine who receive vaccinations.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Increase awareness of, education and prevention initiative about, and screening for sexuality transmitted infections.
- Decrease the rate of sexually transmitted infections reported in Lancaster County.
Hepatitis A, B & C
- Increase awareness of, education and prevention initiatives about Hepatitis and Hepatitis risks in Lancaster County.
- Increase appropriate screening Hepatitis C among at-risk individuals in the community.
- Increase vaccination rates.
- Increase awareness of, education and prevention initiatives about HIV in Lancaster County.
- Increase the frequency with which HIV screenings are offered within the primary care setting with the goal working toward the normalization of HIV screening as a part of yearly wellness visits.
- Advocate for increased access and availability of HIV care in the community recognizing that effective treatment is also prevention.
Interested in interning with us? Fill out the inquiry on the Contact Us page.